Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wikis



Wiki, wiki, wiki, what can I say about them???? This week, I would like to focus on wikis. Honestly, I had seen them and used them, but never ever tried to create one. I made up my mind and started my own. At first, I thought it was going to be easy just like creating a blog. As time passed, by that, I mean hours, I felt I could not get further. I was totally stuck trying and trying. I even thought that there was no way I could have one. Later, I started getting into it and I finally got it. My own wiki: https://sites.google.com/site/katswikis/





Now the question is the following: What can I do with a wiki? Well, readers let me tell you that there are lots of ideas that come to my mind on what to do with a wiki. To start with, I designed my wiki in order to get my students have easy access to their blogs. A second use is that these students can also access their delicious pages where they store important information. Another use that I have included in my wiki is that students will have access to different pages that I will upload so that they can get information that is relevant to our course. Finally, the wiki can be used as an instrument to motivate students and in that sense make them become autonomous learners.



I would like to add just one more thing. I know that my wiki is not finished, and I am going to keep implementing it, but I am sure that with time it will be of great use for me and my students.

Katya

No comments:

Post a Comment